logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdiercks  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 8:22:53 PM(UTC)
jdiercks

Hi,

I've installed a few extensions such as Reports and Remote System Diagnostics, but they only seem to be accessible if I am logged on as the Cloud Account Administrator. If I log on as a user with the Administrator Role (which has all permissions enabled), the extensions' toolbar icons and menu items do not appear.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

--Jon
Ben B  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2017 8:38:48 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jdiercks Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

I've installed a few extensions such as Reports and Remote System Diagnostics, but they only seem to be accessible if I am logged on as the Cloud Account Administrator. If I log on as a user with the Administrator Role (which has all permissions enabled), the extensions' toolbar icons and menu items do not appear.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

--Jon

Hi Jon,

I wasn't able to reproduce the behavior you describe on our cloud instance of Control on version 6.4.15361. I logged into the instance as an instance admin (not the cloud account admin) and was able to view and interact with the extensions tab without issue. I was able to launch the Report Manager modal without issue as well.

If you don't mind, could you attach or link an image that depicts what you're seeing?

Cheers,
Ben
ScreenConnect Team
jdiercks  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 12:32:17 AM(UTC)
jdiercks

Figured out what I was doing wrong. User "Jon" had both the Administrator Role and a more restrictive "Host" Role assigned. Apparently the most restricted Role wins. I removed the Host Role and all is well. Thanks.