logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adza  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 9:48:53 PM(UTC)
adza

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi,

I was wondering if this feature has made it into screenconnect yet? I've searched and have found threads going back 6 years with this feature request (and replies saying that it's been considered) but can't find any reference to this feature?

Thanks
Scott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 1:25:58 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
Right now there's no way to do this within the product but I encourage you to add your voice to the issue as registered here.
ScreenConnect Team
adza  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 3:13:24 AM(UTC)
adza

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply and confirming the staus of this function.

To be candid - I won't worry about registering my interest (it looks like I would require a facebook, google, social media acct, etc which I don't have and have no interest in signing up with).

Plus this has already been in the pipeline now for consideration for over 6 years (as per http://forum.screenconne...unattended-sessions.aspx and a few other forums). Unless you had some definite news that it's actually in development at the moment, I'm not overly optimistic that it's something being taken seriously.

Thanks again for getting back to me so promptly and confirming the status. Have a great weekend.

Best Regards

Adam.
Scott  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 12:40:22 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
Quote:
To be candid - I won't worry about registering my interest (it looks like I would require a facebook, google, social media acct, etc which I don't have and have no interest in signing up with).
Just to state, you can create an account without tying it to Social Media.

And I certainly understand your frustration, we are aware of the desire for this feature from the community and we have discussed it countless times internally. While we have many points of concern with it, our main concern is that we cannot think of a reliable way to implement it architecturally. There are countless problems that can arise (not just security related) in terms of who sets these passwords, what happens if they need to be reset, and where the password is actually validated.

To sum up, nothing is ever off the table completely, but this is an issue that would require a significant amount of customer feedback in order for us to implement and even though it's been discussed for over 6 years, we don't feel as if we've reached the threshold for investing the work into adding it. I still recommend adding your opinion to the product feedback portal.
ScreenConnect Team