logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jstreit15  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 3:45:11 PM(UTC)
jstreit15

United States

Hello all,
Having some issues with Screen Connect client running on a Raspberry Pi running Debian 9 aka Stretch. I managed to get it installed and running. I can connect to it. It does run a bit slow but works enough to get the job done. The issue is that the client crashes and then restarts. I can't seem to find a reason yet or something I do on my end, but I do get this error in the error logs when it does crash.

2017-12-15 16:15:02.893 -0600 Exception:
java.util.NoSuchElementException: Key '65' not found in hash map.
at com.screenconnect.Extensions.demand(Extensions.java:360)
at com.screenconnect.MessageSerializer.deserialize(MessageSerializer.java:99)
at com.screenconnect.client.ClientService$4.run(ClientService.java:415)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I thought it was related to when I would paste from my computer to the SC client computer but then I noticed it was doing it also when i was just moving around the mouse and clicking. Hopefully its something ease that I maybe just overlooked.

Thanks

Ben B  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:47:26 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jstreit15 Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,
Having some issues with Screen Connect client running on a Raspberry Pi running Debian 9 aka Stretch. I managed to get it installed and running. I can connect to it. It does run a bit slow but works enough to get the job done. The issue is that the client crashes and then restarts. I can't seem to find a reason yet or something I do on my end, but I do get this error in the error logs when it does crash.

2017-12-15 16:15:02.893 -0600 Exception:
java.util.NoSuchElementException: Key '65' not found in hash map.
at com.screenconnect.Extensions.demand(Extensions.java:360)
at com.screenconnect.MessageSerializer.deserialize(MessageSerializer.java:99)
at com.screenconnect.client.ClientService$4.run(ClientService.java:415)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I thought it was related to when I would paste from my computer to the SC client computer but then I noticed it was doing it also when i was just moving around the mouse and clicking. Hopefully its something ease that I maybe just overlooked.

Thanks

What version of OpenJDK have you installed on the pi? What version of Control are you using?

We recently registered an issue where the Linux client crashes and restarts when OpenJDK 9 is installed on the guest; the crash/restart occurs, for example, when the host attempts to send a file or chat message to the guest, or when a user clicks on the Control client icon in the taskbar.

This may be what you're experiencing. The issue is under investigation by development.
ScreenConnect Team
jstreit15  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:58:18 PM(UTC)
jstreit15

United States

The version of openjdk I was using was version 8 and that was the version i was using when it was crashing. The version of SC is 6.4.15083.6507

I just installed java 8 jre Oracle version, in attempt to see if that helps the issue and I haven't experience any issues with crashing since switching over to the Oracle version. I will keep watching it to see what happens.