logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shawnkhall  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 8:01:47 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I've been using triggers for months to notify me on various devices via Integromat. For the last couple weeks - since installing 6.4.15787.6556 - the triggers no longer fire. This was the perfect solution for immediate notification of chat messages, and now it's not working at all.

I continue to use an email trigger that is also configured (the Integromat hook is action#2), but email is not immediate, and isn't nearly as responsive as clicking a link in a popup and getting on the client machine in 2 seconds flat.

To setup the Integromat hook:

1) Setup an account with Integromat.

2) Create a new scenario. Use a "webhook" template.

3) Add a Router from the Webhook.

4) Add a "Webhook response" and a "Google Chrome notification"

5) Set the webhook response value to 200 and any text response.

6) Install the Integromat chrome extension

7) Set the chrome notification to the ID of your extension installation

8) Go back to you CC installation, Admin, Triggers.

9) Add a new trigger with an HTTP action. Set the filter to "Event.EventType = 'SentMessage' AND Connection.ProcessType = 'Guest'"

10) Set the URL of the action to the hook URL generated for your Webhook object.

11) Add parameters as you like. I recommend:
HTTP Method: POST
Content Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Body: GUID={Session.SessionID}&Name={Session.Name}&EventType=Message&Body={Event.Data}

12) In the Google Chrome Notification set the following parameters (change the domain name to yours, of course):
Body: {{1.EventType}}: {{1.Body}}
URL address: https://example.com/Host#Access/All//{{1.GUID}}
Icon: {{1.Icon}}

13) Save.

Now from one of your devices send a message. You should get a Chrome notification via Integromat directly if Chrome is open. If not, it'll appear the second you open Chrome.

You can setup multiple devices in step 7 above, so it can notify each of your computers, staff and so on.

You can also filter them based on additional values. For example, if you only want certain staff to be alerted when a message is from a device in the Contoso organization, create an additional trigger and add "Session.CustomProperty1 = 'Contoso'" to the filter. Assign all the staff Integromat IDs in step 7 that work with Contoso and you're done.
thanks 1 user thanked shawnkhall for this useful post.
ebell on 1/17/2018(UTC)
shawnkhall  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 8:19:38 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

I recreated the trigger completely in order to validate that it was neither integromat nor my server at fault. The action hook isn't firing: it's not even POSTing to itself or another domain on the same IP. Looks like a bug.
shawnkhall  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 8:33:38 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

recreated it completely again, still no joy. another trigger with an HTTP action, no filter, and only "{*:xml}" in the body is working fine, though, so it looks like it might be related to either the filter or body.
shawnkhall  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 3:12:45 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Man
United States

I created a bug report and heard back from Ben Burner.
http://control.product.c...dy-fails-on-64157876556/

I tried url-encoding the information, and it still didn't work.

Is there a debugging mechanism for the triggers? Any way to see whether the server received the information and what information is actually sent or received?​ Did the underlying code relating to the trigger action behavior change in the 6.4.15787.6556​ release?

I setup a page on one of my sites to harvest the information as it was published and the CC trigger action is not using a user-agent. I'm not seeing any requirements on the integromat side that would prevent it from receiving the triggered request, but this could be responsible.

As a workaround I setup routine in the php page that I am using as part of my logging routine which collects the information. The new routine checks for SentMessage and NeedsAcknowledgment​, and performs a remote request to trigger the notification on its own. That is working fine.