logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HDClown  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:57:01 PM(UTC)
HDClown

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I need to deploy an access agent to 400 workstations. I use PDQ Deploy to push software and my plan is to build the agent using the machine name, and then push it with PDQ Deploy using msiexec.exe /i agent.msi /qn /norestart

CW support doesn't officially support any kind of central deployment method like this, but this is the method listed in the documentation here.

Before I start the deployment, I want to make sure that doing this won't lead to issues down the road where access agents can't auto-update when the server is upgraded, or issues with reinstall that get manually invoked, or issues with agents overwriting other agents to do overlap in client id's.

Can some of you who have used 3rd party tools to push an access agent MSI confirm this is the right way to do it?
MannyTC  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2018 6:05:55 PM(UTC)
MannyTC

Medals: Bug Buster Level One: Spoon!Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Check out the Client Network Deployer tool <<<here>>>

I think that might address your request.
mhanson  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 22, 2018 1:26:44 PM(UTC)
mhanson

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HDClown Go to Quoted Post
I need to deploy an access agent to 400 workstations. I use PDQ Deploy to push software and my plan is to build the agent using the machine name, and then push it with PDQ Deploy using msiexec.exe /i agent.msi /qn /norestart

CW support doesn't officially support any kind of central deployment method like this, but this is the method listed in the documentation here.

Before I start the deployment, I want to make sure that doing this won't lead to issues down the road where access agents can't auto-update when the server is upgraded, or issues with reinstall that get manually invoked, or issues with agents overwriting other agents to do overlap in client id's.

Can some of you who have used 3rd party tools to push an access agent MSI confirm this is the right way to do it?

I can confirm this is how we do it. We deployed the .msi via IBM BigFix with no issues, and had no issues during the most recent upgrade from 6.3 to 6.4.