logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mozzer0734  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:04:56 AM(UTC)
mozzer0734

Hello

I have been using screen connect for a while now and am very impressed.

I have been trying to expand it use into my new Xenn Destop environment, unfortunately when the unattended client is installed no matter how many desktops are running screen connect see it as the same machine.

As such you can see in the console one machine that keeps changing its name. Hope this makes sense and was just wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues or deployed the agent to citrix.

Thanks
mynameisjona  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:24:51 PM(UTC)
mynameisjona

It sounds like you are using an installer that uses the a PREDEFINED name instead of using the machine name. Create a new installer that will use the machine name. This way if you install it on multiple machines it will bring up a different machine name on each install.
mozzer0734  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 6:10:21 AM(UTC)
mozzer0734

For anyone else that may want to use ScreenConnect on XennDesktop I have managed to solve the problem.

It seems when ScreenConnect calls back to the server it uses a predefined string attached to the service, this is fine in most uses as each install is different and generates its own connection.

The problem with XennDesktop is the client is installed on the base image then duplicated on all child machines.

Using the dynamic name changes it in the portal but because the string is the same it will report as the same machine but with a different name.
Therefore if you power on 5 child machines you will only see one in the portal as all 5 clients are essentially identical.

To solve this issue I changed the connection string on machine start up to include a unique value from the child machine.
I gathered the machine name and with a little conversion edited the connection string to include this.

This now reports each child machine as unique in the portal.

I have attached my script for others use, my naming convention for this script was VPCTEST#### so you will need to alter the mystring section of the script to match yours.

Code:

Set wshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject( "WScript.Network" )
strComputerName = wshNetwork.ComputerName
'WScript.Echo "Computer Name: " & strComputerName

'removes first 7 characters from machine name then adds F value to make a total of 8 characters"
MyString = Mid(strComputerName, 8)+"FFFF"
'WScript.Echo "Convert to: " &MyString

ServString = """C:\Program Files (x86)\ScreenConnect Client (e28a319bcec1ccb0)\Elsinore.ScreenConnect.ClientService.exe"" ""?e=Access&y=Guest&h=connect.sanctuary-group.co.uk&p=80&s="+(MyString)+"-3544-4719-b291-b15e0bcc25c0&k=BgIAAACkAABSU0ExAAgAAAEAAQDvgzt555xhVBnX2UsbnaPGSXap9pNAxu9mlQYmLBF3vfeJvQjhR8S2rd%2bVte6BNOqrNA32vhFqcVwOvFyix2rCwHN5WNTWL%2fLNRwabz%2fNzRwTUO8zHoVDmqnMXmh1fGgGKhbDiJZNSPMSApAnHllhJHqoiwZ4XjgXU4OcGVqI07gjOVU9nNr6Fpe6oc3ts63njg8evuLMC7PohK%2fKfO9XceOHT1z7euddQvKJ7EWojnuf7G%2bm2k1YaD8CiFMz%2fwb9Whl%2bRV51ttfPHQKK4Rg42J2XRKBVhZukUnTjxQSe3Bm%2fQMj54UaP601j3%2f46p02D3LKElR%2fkHTeokAODcbkHa&t=XenDesktop%20-%20%25COMPUTERNAME%25"""

'WScript.Echo "Create String Value: " &ServString

const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002
strComputer = "."

Set oReg=GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" &_ 
strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")

strKeyPath = "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ScreenConnect Client (e28a319bcec1ccb0)"
strValueName = "ImagePath"
strValue = ServString

oReg.SetExpandedStringValue _
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,strKeyPath,strValueName,strValue

'WScript.Echo "Insert String Value at: " &strKeyPath,strValueName

RestartService "ScreenConnect Client (e28a319bcec1ccb0)", 0

'WScript.Echo "ScreenConnect Updated"

Sub RestartService( myService, blnQuiet )

Dim colServices, colServicesTest, objService
    Dim objServiceTest, objWMIService, strQuery, strTest

Set objWMIService = GetObject( "winmgmts:\\.\root\CIMV2" )

strQuery = "SELECT * FROM Win32_Service WHERE DisplayName='" & myService & "'"
    Set colServices = objWMIService.ExecQuery( strQuery, "WQL", 48 )

For Each objService In colServices
        If Not blnQuiet Then
            'WScript.Echo "Stop Service " & myService
        End If

objService.StopService

Do Until strTest = "Stopped"
            Set colServicesTest = objWMIService.ExecQuery( strQuery, "WQL", 48 )

For Each objServiceTest In colServicesTest
                strTest = objServiceTest.State
                WScript.Sleep 1000
            Next

Set colServicesTest = Nothing
        Loop

If Not blnQuiet Then
            'WScript.Echo "Start " & myService
        End If

objService.StartService

Do Until strTest = "Running"
            Set colServicesTest = objWMIService.ExecQuery( strQuery, "WQL", 48 )

For Each objServiceTest In colServicesTest
                strTest = objServiceTest.State
                WScript.Sleep 1000
            Next

Set colServicesTest = Nothing
        Loop
    Next
End Sub

zish  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 5:37:00 PM(UTC)
zish

United States

i have a different question about xenDesktop
all my users are logging using citrix which is fine i can support them to see there screen but the chat option is not usable and screen sharing is not usable since screen connect is installed on the local machine and they dont see it and i share my screen it pops up on the local machine not on the citrix desktop

is there anyway pass it rue citrix
Alexander  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:51:06 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Hmm, that's potentially a XenDesktop issue rather than a ScreenConnect one; have you tried contacting Citrix about it?
Or does anyone else who uses XenDesktop have ideas on how to do this? We admittedly aren't all that familiar with it.
ScreenConnect Team
j_rainey  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2016 8:24:13 PM(UTC)
j_rainey

United States

So far if you want to use the chat tool in a XenApp environment ScreenConnect agent needs to be installed on the XenApp server. You can then change the session you are looking at and message the currently accessed user. Unfortunately, there is no way to specify which session through the web console.

I have confirmed this in XenApp 6.5 and 7.6.

sofarkingfast  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 23, 2018 12:21:56 AM(UTC)
sofarkingfast

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

Man

Are there any current XenApp users using ScreenConnect in their environments? I'm taking a second look at ScreenConnect cloud next month and I have to be able to connect to XenApp sessions. How does this work now? Have there been any improvements?