logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sirapacz  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 2, 2014 12:36:48 PM(UTC)
sirapacz

Poland

Environment:
Windows server with eqipped with screenconnect 3.4 trial. Few machines in same subnet, public constant IP and domain pointing on it.

Since installation everything worked like a charm. My router was configured by UPNP and everything was ok till now. It worked some time for testing and i bought recently license. While having a license i have decided to upgrade to latest version and prepare production environment. After upgrade(install over old version) i've filled start settings (logins passwords license key) and after logging in it was old version of SC.
So i've uninstalled it completely (while keeping backup). Installed fresh 4.0...and still i had 3.4 and old graphic layout (colors, logos). Best part is when i refreshed page with reload content from webserver sometimes old version responded and sometimes new one.

I've deleted completely everything which was related to SC - including temp directory where i've found remrants of old install. New install of 4.0 and it worked. So i pulled out assymetric key from webconfig file and after pasting it to new installation.... again i had 3.4 version. So i stopped screenconnect services....and it was still working properly on 3.4....

impossible...
After turning off server i have noticed that nothing changed...:) still worked... after loging on router and checking upnp redirections i have found out different IP than my server on 8040 port....

after all i came to machine with that ip and....there was a sc working properly....
Few weeks after first install on windows server i had to remove it temporatily so i've moved installation to different PC (normal workstation) while forgetting about first one...:)

So if somebody will have such dumb issues - maybe this short story will point to solution someone.

Moving hosts to new version worked flawlessly after removing that 2nd installation of SC.

:)
MrEastwood  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:23:41 AM(UTC)
MrEastwood

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Ignore the 2 posts above. They are spam posts - long path tool is malware
MrEastwood  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 7:24:45 AM(UTC)
MrEastwood

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Oh and I was going to say, thanks sirapacz for posting your findings :)