logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GManNAtl  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:35:20 PM(UTC)
GManNAtl

United States

I just upgraded to 4.4.7175.5302.

Previously, I was able to begin typing an IP Address in the search box and find Access hosts by location. For example I could type 192.168.11 in the search box and immediately filter down to one of my remote offices. This functionality seems to be broken now, although typing a logged in username etc. still works.

So, I decided to create a session group for each of my remote offices and use the calculation below :

SUBSTRING(GuestNetworkAddress, 1, 10) = '192.168.11'

I have tried a few variations on this like :

GuestNetworkAddress Like '192.168.11*'

Nothing I do with regards to the GuestNetworkAddress seems to be working now. Could this be a bug in the newest client where it is not reporting this info or am I overlooking something obvious. I am not sure what subversion I was on before the upgrade, nor did I try the session group, but as stated above simply typing part of the remote sites subnet filtered the hosts down immediately.

UPDATE: I failed to mention this, but what is strange is if I type '192.168' in the search it immediately filters to 5 hosts every time. Every Access machine I have begins with 192.168 (or at least 95% of them), so I don't know why it just get's these 5 every time.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:38:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jeff  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:06:14 PM(UTC)
Jeff

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 120 post(s)
I checked a version of 4.4 and 5.0 and it seemed to work ok but I could have missed something. Please contact us at support@screenconnect.com when you have time and we can setup a session to look at it with you.

Regarding the session groups I think the second would work here is my test setup and it worked:
GuestNetworkAddress LIKE '192.168.2.*'
ScreenConnect Team
bradtlew  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:22:55 PM(UTC)
bradtlew

United States

Need to revisit this issue. We are a new setup, client version 6.2.12963.6312, cloud based, and need to also group by remote site. As far as I can tell, I can only group on external addresses, which won't work since all internet traffic is filtered via a centralized firewall.
Is there a way to pull the Internal IP address for this purpose?
We have around 1000 PC's to add, so adding a manually entered Custom Property is not a good option.
Scott  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:53:43 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 249 post(s)
So, this has come up a few times in the past and unfortunately we're restricted on what we can do based upon another company possessing a patent relating to this. This thread has a bit more information.
ScreenConnect Team
bradtlew  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 31, 2017 3:56:28 PM(UTC)
bradtlew

United States

Interesting, that I also don't get the association with location for internal private network addresses, but thank you for the response. We've gone ahead with a custom field built into the installer.