logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:10:49 PM(UTC)
Mike

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
This tool allows you to connect to ScreenConnect sessions quickly with an .exe that resides on your desktop. The extension will place a downloadable .exe in the Extras menu of the guest page. Users will have to authenticate, and then they'll be able to use the windows "Jump Lists". It will list recent connections and allow you to "pin" machines directly.

UserPostedImage

This extension is now available in the Online Extensions Library. This application was made available for earlier releases. Full details of the implementation can be found in this post: http://forum.screenconne...s-taskbar.aspx#post6553.

Note: .NET 4.5 or higher is required for this extension.

Disclaimer: This extension was written by our support team (and in some cases in conjunction with our forum community) in response to customer requests. Extensions are meant to be quick workarounds or immediate solutions to problems. Extensions are not supported under our normal terms of service, as these extensions are outside typical Q/A or development guidelines. Questions for extensions should be addressed in its respective forum post. Suggestions for improvements (enhancements or defects) should also be queued in the post for consideration.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Mike for this useful post.
Stefan on 9/2/2014(UTC)
mkswanson  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:01:22 AM(UTC)
mkswanson

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Thanks...this should be a great tool. I downloaded ScreenConnector.exe from extras, and it gives an error about a missing file when you run it:

The log file shows:

Code:

Following errors were detected during this operation.
	* [9/3/2014 12:53:20 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
		- Downloading https://remotesupport.mypossupport.com/RemoteSupportBin/myPOSSupport.ScreenConnect.Client.application?y=Host&h=remotesupport.mypossupport.com&p=8041&s=78e76da8-046d-4357-86ca-55edba451b27&k=BgIAAACkAABSU0ExAAgAAAEAAQDBpyHR2Q6tdp9De5GjYgtSigzJ9hqzsMszn9/X/Ak7wjmKjCqv/zi7U8fdzRfDqJt/vhnFS7+kI7qLToloco2xpvkoYbY4JeWqQcczJW3H7JSXZGl3u+LANm7XvLNEa9c/5kRhgERk5J5ljxF9vGlNM/Ch1U0LaP6ZcMqySGvOt+UGpiiKiEKvm4S0550KEfFeYsTlZ1HwlriDQSJcWGWdFZeGkS4Mk7XAPyowaeODN9bGlvnn8CHpbxZ+U2utShdOFG1jT3RriGvR8in/gSQcmCPsFy69Pb60pQwLOu8ozya9UHeqwXt5sa7VO1rJzcUskBQfXhJVBzm8WEKnwQzO&n=9ISBrwIPTWF0dGhldyBTd2Fuc29un28UwLL+Ta88lUyInIIc7W7iUtl3jHONtr0uqneplWgAEQ==&i= did not succeed.
		- Source: System.Deployment
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
			at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
			at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
			at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
		--- Inner Exception ---
		System.Net.WebException
		- The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
		- Source: System
		- Stack trace:
			at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
			at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

It looks like there is supposed to be a slash between "RemoteSupport" and "bin" in "/RemoteSupportBin/." There is a trailing slash after RemoteSupport in my web.config, which was required for configuration.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Jeff  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 2:38:07 PM(UTC)
Jeff

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Man

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 120 post(s)
sorry for delay, things got real busy end of last week. I am pushing this over to one of the team to respond.
ScreenConnect Team
Scott  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 3:48:49 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mkswanson Go to Quoted Post

It looks like there is supposed to be a slash between "RemoteSupport" and "bin" in "/RemoteSupportBin/." There is a trailing slash after RemoteSupport in my web.config, which was required for configuration.

That looks like it's probably the issue, but I'll have to do a little digging into that Extension before I can confirm. No real ETA, but keep your eyes open for a new version of that Extension.
ScreenConnect Team
Scott  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:11:17 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

I think I found the fix for this and after some quick testing it appears to work.

The easiest way to implement this quickly would be to Clone the ScreenConnector extension and then edit the Service.ashx file. In that file, find the following line:
Code:
var handlerUrl = new Uri(HttpContext.Current.Request.Url, HttpRuntime.AppDomainAppVirtualPath) + WebConfigurationManager.GetHandlerPath(typeof(ClickOnceDirectHandler)).ReplaceFirst("*", WebResources.GetString("FileDownload.BaseName"));

and replace it with:

Code:
		var urlTester = new Uri(HttpContext.Current.Request.Url, HttpRuntime.AppDomainAppVirtualPath).ToString();
		var handlerUrl = "";

if (urlTester.Substring(urlTester.Length - 1, 1) != "/")
			handlerUrl = new Uri(HttpContext.Current.Request.Url, HttpRuntime.AppDomainAppVirtualPath) + "/" + WebConfigurationManager.GetHandlerPath(typeof(ClickOnceDirectHandler)).ReplaceFirst("*", WebResources.GetString("FileDownload.BaseName"));
		else
			handlerUrl = new Uri(HttpContext.Current.Request.Url, HttpRuntime.AppDomainAppVirtualPath) + WebConfigurationManager.GetHandlerPath(typeof(ClickOnceDirectHandler)).ReplaceFirst("*", WebResources.GetString("FileDownload.BaseName"));

The fix should be included in the next version of the Extension, although I'm not sure when it'll be released.

Edit: I'm attaching the Service.ashx file itself to this post because it might be easier. Just clone the ScreenConnector extension and replace that extension's Service.ashx file with this one.

Edited by user Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:13:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Service.ashx (3kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
ScreenConnect Team
fons10  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 6:16:11 PM(UTC)
fons10

Germany

Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
I think I found the fix for this and after some quick testing it appears to work.

The easiest way to implement this quickly would be to Clone the ScreenConnector extension and then edit the Service.ashx file. In that file, find the following line:
Code:
var handlerUrl = new Uri(HttpContext.Current.Request.Url, HttpRuntime.AppDomainAppVirtualPath) + WebConfigurationManager.GetHandlerPath(typeof(ClickOnceDirectHandler)).ReplaceFirst("*", WebResources.GetString("FileDownload.BaseName"));

I've changed:
Code:

Into:
Code:
var handlerUrl = new Uri(HttpContext.Current.Request.Url, HttpRuntime.AppDomainAppVirtualPath) + "/" + WebConfigurationManager.GetHandlerPath(typeof(ClickOnceDirectHandler)).ReplaceFirst("*", WebResources.GetString("FileDownload.BaseName"));

and for me it works.

varandian  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2014 4:07:06 PM(UTC)
varandian

United States

This is a pretty cool extension but I have a feature request for this extension...

It would be really helpful if the extension can query the list of hosts available to whoever it is that logs in to the extension and it presents a drop-down or something similar with the host names. That way one can just select the host, click Join, and be on their way.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
luc  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2014 2:00:34 PM(UTC)
luc

I have a little question / support need :
I have a technician who has only access to a specific Session Group.
This works fine.
He would really like to be able to connect with the “screenconnector”. Thing is it doesn’t work, it says error 401 (not authorized).
The Session Name is right, user and password aswell.
He has following rights:
JoinSession: 'STS2', OwnedAndUnowned
ViewSessionGroup: 'STS2'
HostSessionWithoutConsent: 'STS2', OwnedAndUnowned
RunSharedToolInSession: 'STS2', OwnedAndUnowned
TransferFilesInSession: 'STS2', OwnedAndUnowned
RunCommandOutsideSession: 'STS2', OwnedAndUnowned
ManageSharedToolbox
ViewSessionGroup: 'STS2'
Does he need anything else?
Scott  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 4:04:13 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Where exactly does it say the 401 error? I just tried to connect to a machine with a user who has the exact same permissions and it seemed to work fine.

If he attempts to connect from a different Host machine, does it kick out the same error?
ScreenConnect Team
Pauper  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2015 10:59:37 PM(UTC)
Pauper

Am I missing something here? Where can I download this extension? The thread you linked contains old data as said in the lower post and it doesn't work. I receive a 401 error saying it cannot connect to the server. Please help..
Scott  
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 2:06:08 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Did you install the Extension? You can find the ScreenConnect extension on the Extension Library in the Administration page.

Once installed, you can download the ScreenConnector from the Host page's Extras menu.
ScreenConnect Team
Pauper  
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 9:24:17 PM(UTC)
Pauper

Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
Did you install the Extension? You can find the ScreenConnect extension on the Extension Library in the Administration page.

Once installed, you can download the ScreenConnector from the Host page's Extras menu.

I was able to find the extension and install. Thank you.
cdandrea  
#13 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2015 1:40:33 AM(UTC)
cdandrea

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Canada

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'd love to use this, however...

The one issue with this extension is that it doesn't seem to facilitate users that have implemented multi-factor authentication.
Is there a way to make provisions for this via the clone and tweak approach?

It would be great if it incorporated the option to include our branding/logo
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 1:34:00 PM(UTC)

Hi,

I have a Nginx reverse proxy setup in front of SC. Web portal works fine but I got an error message ""The remote server returned an error:(404) not Found" on Screenconnector. Any idea why?

Thanks
Eddy
Alexander  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 7:54:46 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 63 post(s)
@cdandrea: That would require changing the .exe, so unfortunately you can't just tweak it yourself. (The previous thread for this had source code, but that was for an earlier version.)
We could add that functionality ourselves, but it wouldn't be a trivial addition, and it's not the highest priority.

@881314: That was a bug in ScreenConnector, which should be fixed imminently.
ScreenConnect Team
#16 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 7:48:40 AM(UTC)

Hi Alexander,

I still have the same issue. My SC version is 5.3.9074.5646. Is the bug fixed on 5.3 or 5.4?

Thanks
Alexander  
#17 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 2:41:08 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

It's fixed in ScreenConnector 1.0.103, which it turns out we forgot to approve earlier. It's available now, though.
ScreenConnect Team
zinc  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:02:40 AM(UTC)
zinc

United States

Connector on Win 10 doesn't behave like it did on Win 8.1.

1. Password doesn't want to save.
2. Recent list when pinned shows multiple entry's from same computer.
UserPostedImage

is there a way to clear these extra entry's? I don't see any options.
Alexander  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 4, 2015 3:34:23 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

I've registered that as a bug.
ScreenConnect Team
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2015 2:12:35 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Alexander Go to Quoted Post
It's fixed in ScreenConnector 1.0.103, which it turns out we forgot to approve earlier. It's available now, though.

Hi Alexander,

I have updated ScreenConnector to the lastest version, but I still have the same issue.

Thanks
Eddy
Alexander  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2015 3:12:56 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Just to be clear, did you redownload the .exe?
ScreenConnect Team
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2015 1:16:02 PM(UTC)

Just to be clear, did you redownload the .exe?

Yes, I did redownload screenconnector.exe.
Alexander  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:48:36 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Sorry, I sort of forgot about this for a bit. Do you have WebServerAddressableUri set in your web.config? It's not necessary to access the web portal, but it is necessary for Screenconnector.
ScreenConnect Team
teksigns  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 1:04:26 AM(UTC)
teksigns

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: zinc Go to Quoted Post

UserPostedImage

has this been fixed ? or looked at ... also does not fill back out properly when you click the links using windows 10.

totally unusable under windows 10

zinc  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 12:49:31 PM(UTC)
zinc

United States

Originally Posted by: teksigns Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: zinc Go to Quoted Post

UserPostedImage

has this been fixed ? or looked at ... also does not fill back out properly when you click the links using windows 10.

totally unusable under windows 10

i have found that under windows 10 if you left click the app everything seems to work as normal. password is saved and past sessions seem to work from the drop down list. just a work around for now.
teksigns  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:18:44 PM(UTC)
teksigns

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
although left clicking does not give you the recent menu .

so its not working as normal .

jjmicro  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 5:08:21 PM(UTC)
jjmicro

Sorry, I sort of forgot about this for a bit. Do you have WebServerAddressableUri set in your web.config? It's not necessary to access the web portal, but it is necessary for Screenconnector.

I too am seeing a 404 error from Screenconnector and have added this to my web.config:

<add key="WebServerAddressableUri" value="http://sc.xxxx.com" />

No change. Still seeing a 404 error when trying to connect via Screenconnector.
Alexander  
#28 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2015 2:18:52 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Hmm, I'm not sure what's going on then. We'll probably have to look into this a bit more.
ScreenConnect Team
Matt Highsmith  
#29 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2015 7:09:28 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I am getting the following error using the Extension ScreenConnector:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized

My account is setup as an administrator and I have access to the machine(s) I am trying to connect to. any ideas on why I would get that error?
#30 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 1:54:03 PM(UTC)

Yes, I do have WebServerAddressableUri. It works without reverse proxy server.

Thanks
Alexander  
#31 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 3:45:27 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

@Matt: If you have two-factor authentication, that doesn't work with ScreenConnector (though we have it registered as a feature request). That's also what you'd get if you just mistyped your password or something.
ScreenConnect Team
Matt Highsmith  
#32 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 3:53:33 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Thanks.I was wondering if 2 factor was the issue.

thanks
jjmicro  
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2015 3:27:43 PM(UTC)
jjmicro

Hmm, I'm not sure what's going on then. We'll probably have to look into this a bit more.

Any news on this?
Alexander  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 2:20:52 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Not yet; we'll let you all know when there is.
ScreenConnect Team
Matt Highsmith  
#35 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 7:41:48 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

I see that there was an update to this extension. it is now bringing up another entry box, but still not working with 2 factor. works without though.

Jake  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:19:49 PM(UTC)
Jake

Was thanked: 393 time(s) in 188 post(s)
OK, we'll look into it. What version of ScreenConnect are you using?
ScreenConnect Team
Alexander  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:30:25 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Also, for the 404 error earlier in the thread: we weren't able to reproduce that, so the best course of action would be to contact Support.
ScreenConnect Team
Matt Highsmith  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:49:36 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

We are using the 5.3.9074.5646

Should I have the WebServerAddressableUri added?
Alexander  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:19:32 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

The WebServerAddressableUri shouldn't affect 2-factor.
ScreenConnect Team
Takigu  
#40 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2015 9:52:14 PM(UTC)
Takigu

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

United States

I recently setup HostSessionWithoutConsent permissions for all session groups except for the one client who requested it to ask for consent before we connect. It works great from the web portal but when i use screenconnector it says waiting for consent no matter what sessiongroup the computer is in. Any ideas? We are using version 5.3.9074.5646 and Version: 1.0.104

Edited by user Friday, October 2, 2015 9:53:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alexander  
#41 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 9:35:59 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Hmm, ScreenConnector uses the permissions for an arbitrary session group that contains the session and that the user can view; perhaps it's looking at All Machines rather than the group you expect?
ScreenConnect Team
Takigu  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 1:49:59 PM(UTC)
Takigu

United States

Hmm, ScreenConnector uses the permissions for an arbitrary session group that contains the session and that the user can view; perhaps it's looking at All Machines rather than the group you expect?

The only things i changed was that i removed the default "HostSessionWithoutConsent: AllSessionGroups, OwnedAndUnowned" and added "HostSessionWithoutConsent: 'sessiongroupname', OwnedAndUnowned"

I did add that last part for all but 1 session group. is there some special permission i need for screenconnector?
Alexander  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:10:44 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Does "all but 1 session group" include All Machines (and any other potentially overlapping groups)? If so, I guess it seems like there's something else going on, but if not, you could (with the Extension Developer extension) clone the extension and edit Service.ashx to have

Code:
 groupContainingSession.Name != "All Machines" && 

between "where" and "Permissions.HasPermission", which, while not the cleanest fix, would probably make it work if you use the exe from the new extension.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Alexander for this useful post.
Takigu on 10/8/2015(UTC)
Takigu  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:01:32 PM(UTC)
Takigu

United States

Does "all but 1 session group" include All Machines (and any other potentially overlapping groups)? If so, I guess it seems like there's something else going on, but if not, you could (with the Extension Developer extension) clone the extension and edit Service.ashx to have

Code:
 groupContainingSession.Name != "All Machines" && 

between "where" and "Permissions.HasPermission", which, while not the cleanest fix, would probably make it work if you use the exe from the new extension.

i did not add the all machines session group to my permissions. also cant seem to get that code to work. It says "'string' does not contain a definition for 'name' and no extension method 'name' accepting a first argument of type 'string' could be found"
Alexander  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2015 10:20:55 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Oh, removing ".Name" should make it work; it seems that already returns the names, rather than SessionGroup objects.
ScreenConnect Team
Takigu  
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2015 4:18:38 PM(UTC)
Takigu

United States

Oh, removing ".Name" should make it work; it seems that already returns the names, rather than SessionGroup objects.

Awesome that worked! Thanks for your help! It's so handy to just click screenconnector and launch my sessions i would have missed that option
zinc  
#47 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 12:49:38 PM(UTC)
zinc

United States

I've registered that as a bug.

has this bug been looked at yet?
Alexander  
#48 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 2:09:14 PM(UTC)
Alexander

Man

Hmm… I believe we're having trouble reproducing that too, so I'd recommend contacting Support.
ScreenConnect Team
zinc  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2016 4:00:28 AM(UTC)
zinc

United States

this is broken with 6.0?
Takigu  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:44:42 PM(UTC)
Takigu

United States

Also can not get this to work with 6.0.11619.6114
I cant seem to find the download link for the exe anymore either
Edit: I was able to get it to work however where do i go to download the exe

Edited by user Friday, October 21, 2016 2:12:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified