logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CTC  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2015 2:27:02 PM(UTC)
CTC

United States

Some of my clients want to approve Access sessions before they can start. Is this a feature that I can enable? I'd like it to be per computer rather than per technician or per site.

I realize I could have them do a Support session which gives them the choice to start a session. But the Access sessions are convenient because the users don't have to take any action.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:37:12 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 297 time(s) in 255 post(s)
You can do this with the HostSessionWithoutConsent permission from the Security tab on the Administration page. Any user in a Role without this permission will be required to wait for consent from the Guest before the connection is allowed.
ScreenConnect Team
CTC  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:14:56 PM(UTC)
CTC

United States

I may be able to make that work but it's really not what I want. I would really like the ability to enable it on a per computer basis rather than per technician. I only need to have consent from certain computers at sensitive sites. The vast majority of machines will not need it.
Scott  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 1:36:31 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

You can definitely do it by computer, you would just have redefine some of the permissions. Ideally you would want to create a single group to contain all of the sessions that require consent from the end user before you're allowed to connect. You would then give your technicians the permissions to HostSessionWithoutConsent targeted at every other session group/type, just not the group that does require consent.
ScreenConnect Team
dudemcdudedude  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:53:10 PM(UTC)
dudemcdudedude

It would be really helpful if AllSessionGroupsExcept were an option in the drop down. We need to do this for 1 client and we have over 100 groups. Anyway to accomplish this?

Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
You can definitely do it by computer, you would just have redefine some of the permissions. Ideally you would want to create a single group to contain all of the sessions that require consent from the end user before you're allowed to connect. You would then give your technicians the permissions to HostSessionWithoutConsent targeted at every other session group/type, just not the group that does require consent.
Scott  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 5, 2016 2:43:15 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@dudemcdudedude not easily to my knowledge, I recommend registering the idea within our Product Feedback Portal.
ScreenConnect Team