logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben B  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:04:30 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 40 post(s)
The Report Manager extension permits users with Administrator privileges to create, modify, and download reports about sessions, session connections, session connection events, and session events. To access the report manager, install the extension and select Report Manager under the Extras dropdown on the Admin page. Please note that this feature is only available for ScreenConnect 5.5 and above.

UserPostedImage

The Report Manager comes preloaded with four example reports.

Report names and definitions are saved in the SavedReport extension setting, which is accessible by selecting Edit Settings from the extension Options dropdown menu:

UserPostedImage

To create a new report, click New and enter a name for the report.

1) Aggregation Type

The report manager requires that you select an aggregation type before continuing to build a new report:

UserPostedImage

Ungrouped reports output all rows that meet optional filter criteria and include columns in a set of chosen select fields. Grouped reports combine rows into groups based on a set of selected group fields and optional filter criteria. Please note that you must select at least one group field to run a grouped report.

2) Report Type

Once you’ve selected an aggregation type, the report manager presents four report type options:

UserPostedImage

• Session reports include data about Support, Meeting, and/or Access session properties; for example, session name, guest activity and machine properties, and cumulative host and guest connection durations.
  • Session connection reports include data about session connection properties; for example, the name of the session to which a connection was made and timestamps of connection and disconnection events.
  • Session connection event reports output data about the following connection events: Connected, Disconnected, RanCommand, SentMessage, SentPrintJob, ReceivedPrintJob, CopiedText, CopiedFiles, DraggedFiles, RanFiles, and SentFiles.
  • Session event reports output data about the following session events: CreatedSession, EndedSession, InitiatedJoin, InvitedGuest, AddedNote, QueuedReinstall, QueuedUninstall, QueuedInvalidateLicense, QueuedWake, QueuedCommand, QueuedMessage, QueuedGuestInfoUpdate, QueuedTool, ProcessedReinstall, ProcessedUninstall, ProcessedInvalidateLicense, ProcessedWake, ProcessedCommand, ProcessedMessage, ProcessedGuestInfoUpdate, ProcessedTool, ModifiedName, ModifiedIsPublic, ModifiedCode, ModifiedHost, and ModifiedCustomProperty

3) Group Fields

Group fields are the basis upon which rows are combined, and are available only if the grouped aggregation type is selected. The selected report type determines which group fields are made available:

UserPostedImage

For example, suppose I wish to create a grouped session connection report. The selected group fields shown above will group the outputted session connections according to the name of the session to which a connection was made and the date on which the connection was made.

4) Select Fields

Select fields optionally determine which columns are included in the report. Again, the selected report type determines which select fields are made available.

UserPostedImage

For example, a session report with the chosen select fields shown above will include columns describing session name, session type (i.e. Support, Meeting, or Access), and the date and time the session was created.

5) Filter

For ungrouped reports, only rows satisfying the filter criteria are outputted. For grouped reports, only rows satisfying the filter criteria are included in the aggregation.

6) Aggregate Filter

The aggregate filter is only applicable to grouped reports. Only grouped report rows that meet the aggregate filter criteria are included in the output.

7) Item Limit

Item limit specifies the maximum number of records returned by running the report.

Disclaimer: This extension was written by our support team (and in some cases in conjunction with our forum community) in response to customer requests. Extensions are meant to be quick workarounds or immediate solutions to problems. Extensions are not supported under our normal terms of service, as these extensions are outside typical Q/A or development guidelines. Questions for extensions should be addressed in its respective forum post. Suggestions for improvements (enhancements or defects) should also be queued in the post for consideration.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:14:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Ben B for this useful post.
Jesseb on 1/13/2016(UTC)
marktoo  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2016 10:00:22 PM(UTC)
marktoo

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Very nice... looking forward to the GA/stable release of 5.5 so we can try it out!
zish  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:44:14 PM(UTC)
zish

United States

im trying to make a report based on a user wanna see how much and when he loges on how can i get the report ?
Ben B  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 4, 2016 1:34:38 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: zish Go to Quoted Post
im trying to make a report based on a user wanna see how much and when he loges on how can i get the report ?

It sounds like you need some variation of an ungrouped session connection report. The report generated by the following example definition will list the connection time, disconnection time, and associated session name of all session connections made by host zish:

Aggregation Type: Ungrouped
Report Type: SessionConnection
Select Fields: SessionName, ConnectedTime, DisconnectedTime
Filter: ProcessType='Host' AND ParticipantName='zish'
Item Limit: 10000

Simply input the information above into the Report Manager extension, then select Run Options -> Download Report to generate a csv, xml, or json formatted report.
ScreenConnect Team
wolfer201  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2016 5:39:52 PM(UTC)
wolfer201

United States

After an Admin makes a report, Is there a way to make the url generated under "Run Options" available to non-admin users?
Scott  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:46:04 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Right now the Administer permission is being asserted by both the Report Manager extension AND the Report API so there isn't currently a way to do that. I recommend adding your suggestion to our UserEcho.
ScreenConnect Team
einars  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 5:59:25 AM(UTC)
einars

Latvia

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!

Time in reports shows in GMT +00:00 time zone, but I need it in GMT +03:00 time zone. Time on server is correct. How I can fix this to show correct time in reports?

Ben B  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:13:51 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: einars Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

Time in reports shows in GMT +00:00 time zone, but I need it in GMT +03:00 time zone. Time on server is correct. How I can fix this to show correct time in reports?

As it stands, the underlying Report API upon which the Report Manager extension is based does not apply any transformation to time data stored in the database. All time data is stored internally as UTC. A feature request to allow users to specify the timezone of Report API output is currently under review.

In the meantime, you should be able to transform the outputted datetime fields using something like Google Sheets by adding TIME(3,0,0) to each datetime value.
ScreenConnect Team
krutz  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:31:55 PM(UTC)
krutz

United States

I have my report giving me the data that I want I would love for it to only show me %CurrentDate%, instead of all days in the month. I think it would be an aggregate filter but I can't seem to figure out what the syntax is.

Currently have a Grouped Session Connection Report with 7 Group Fields.

Filters: ProcessType = 'Host' AND SessionSessionType = 'Access'

Aggregate filters:

Thanks!
Ben B  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2016 1:30:15 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: krutz Go to Quoted Post
I have my report giving me the data that I want I would love for it to only show me %CurrentDate%, instead of all days in the month. I think it would be an aggregate filter but I can't seem to figure out what the syntax is.

Currently have a Grouped Session Connection Report with 7 Group Fields.

Filters: ProcessType = 'Host' AND SessionSessionType = 'Access'

Aggregate filters:

Thanks!

To clarify, for a grouped report, the filter determines which individual sessions, session connections, session connection events, or session events to include in the group operation and applies to group fields only. The aggregate filter determines which groups to output and applies to select fields only.

If, for example, you want to group session connections with ConnectedTime == 07-06-2016, you would include the following statement in your filter (all reported datetimes are UTC, so you'll likely want to modify the times below to reflect your server's timezone; the example assumes EDT (UTC-4)):

ConnectedTime >= '2016-07-06 04:00:00' AND ConnectedTime <= '2016-07-07 04:00:00'

Edited by user Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:17:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
silversword  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 5:24:17 PM(UTC)
silversword

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
All the Examples use HostDurationSeconds as a Field name (using example gives 500 error), but it's listed as DurationSeconds in the Fields chooser?

screenshot
Ben B  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 5:38:58 PM(UTC)
Ben B

@silversword -- The same filter example is displayed regardless of the selected Report Type, which is confusing. I will work on updating the Report Manager to dynamically update the filter examples whenever the report type changes.

You are correct that an ungrouped SessionConnection report filter expects the "DurationSeconds" field instead of the "HostDurationSeconds" or "GuestDurationSeconds" fields available in Session reports.
ScreenConnect Team
silversword on 8/2/2016(UTC)
Ben B  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2016 6:12:22 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Report Manager v1.7.1 is available now.

Filter and AggregateFilter examples should correspond to saved report types after launching the Report Manager.
ScreenConnect Team
JasonSwaney  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:31:49 PM(UTC)
JasonSwaney

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ben B Go to Quoted Post
As it stands, the underlying Report API upon which the Report Manager extension is based does not apply any transformation to time data stored in the database. All time data is stored internally as UTC. A feature request to allow users to specify the timezone of Report API output is currently under review.

In the meantime, you should be able to transform the outputted datetime fields using something like Google Sheets by adding TIME(3,0,0) to each datetime value.

Hi Ben,

Has there been an update on the time entries? I am in a situation where I need to correct connection logging for our clients that are being audited and definitely need the time to match up correctly.

Also, Is there/will there be a feature that could possibly automate the reports and send via email? Such as weekly/monthly/daily connection logs with custom filters?

Thanks!

-Jason

thanks 1 user thanked JasonSwaney for this useful post.
Mitsol on 10/13/2016(UTC)
silversword  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:55:13 AM(UTC)
silversword

...for those looking for Report Manager under 6.x like I was, it's under your User name icon in the bottom left after logging in.
OrionWithrow  
#16 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 10:02:45 PM(UTC)
OrionWithrow

United States

I need a list of connections by all users to any asset for a particular client, to include the host name, connecting user, time connected, and time disconnected. I have had a really hard time putting this information together. Can you assist?
Ben B  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:25:09 AM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: OrionWithrow Go to Quoted Post
I need a list of connections by all users to any asset for a particular client, to include the host name, connecting user, time connected, and time disconnected. I have had a really hard time putting this information together. Can you assist?

To generate the requested information, you'll want to define and execute a SessionConnection report using the Report Manager extension.

The report definition will look something like this (the following assumes that all assets for a particular client have CustomProperty1 equal to 'ClientIdentifier'; just modify the filter to suit your needs):

Report Type: SessionConnection
Select Fields: SessionName, SessionHost, ProcessType, ParticipantName, ConnectedTime, DisconnectedTime
Filter: SessionCustomProperty1 = 'ClientIdentifier'

If you wanted to get all session connections where the connection occurred on or after January 1, 2017, you could use the following filter:

SessionCustomProperty1='ClientIdentifier' AND ConnectedTime >= '2017-01-01'

Once you've defined the report, you can run it by selecting Run Options -> Download Report.

The aforementioned report definition looks like this in Report Manager:

UserPostedImage
ScreenConnect Team
silversword  
#18 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 2:43:12 PM(UTC)
silversword

If Extended Auditing is enabled, is there a way to get/append the "Download Video" URL with Report Manager? Trying to download videos after the fact from the audit log is painful :(
Ben B  
#19 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 2:59:46 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: silversword Go to Quoted Post
If Extended Auditing is enabled, is there a way to get/append the "Download Video" URL with Report Manager? Trying to download videos after the fact from the audit log is painful :(

At this time, the Report Manager is unable to get/append capture download urls; however, two other extensions provide alternative methods to download session captures:

1) Batch Audit Recording Downloader: Download an exe to batch transcode and download session audit recordings (requires .NET 4.0+)
More information available here: https://help.screenconne...dit_Recording_Downloader and http://forum.screenconne...ecording-Downloader.aspx

2) Query Session Recordings: Accessible from the options menu of this extension, or the Extras menu on the Audit page. Get a list of Session Recordings with option to download. Can filter by Session ID or Session Name and a Date Range. (Requires 5.3+)
More information available here: http://forum.screenconne...-Session-Recordings.aspx
ScreenConnect Team
silversword on 2/24/2017(UTC)
silversword  
#20 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 4:07:11 PM(UTC)
silversword

2) Query Session Recordings: Accessible from the options menu of this extension, or the Extras menu on the Audit page. Get a list of Session Recordings with option to download. Can filter by Session ID or Session Name and a Date Range. (Requires 5.3+)
More information available here: http://forum.screenconne...-Session-Recordings.aspx

Query Session Recordings is exactly what I've been looking for! Batch downloader is pretty worthless unless you're just trying to archive videos locally en-mass, had already tried that one.

Have to remember where to find the dialog to access it, hidden in the extension section. Hopefully they can add it to the menu that appears when you click your logged in Username like Batch Audit Recorder etc.
Xestrix  
#21 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 7:40:32 PM(UTC)
Xestrix

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is Report Manager compatible with 6.2?

When clicking on the Report Manager menu link, nothing happens for me in versions:

Thanks!
Ben B  
#22 Posted : Monday, April 10, 2017 7:44:15 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: Xestrix Go to Quoted Post
Is Report Manager compatible with 6.2?

When clicking on the Report Manager menu link, nothing happens for me in versions:

Thanks!

Good afternoon,

We are aware of the issue with calling into the reporting API in those two pre-release builds of Control.

The next 6.2 pre-release should resolve the issue and allow you to launch the Report Manager extension once again.

Cheers,
Ben
ScreenConnect Team
Xestrix on 4/10/2017(UTC)
TechGy  
#23 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 1:06:09 AM(UTC)
TechGy

United States

Is it possible to create a report that includes data about the idle time for each machine? Ideally we'd like to be able to see the average idle time for each guest device in an access session over x period of time to help determine which computers are underutilized
Ben B  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:00:51 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: TechGy Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to create a report that includes data about the idle time for each machine? Ideally we'd like to be able to see the average idle time for each guest device in an access session over x period of time to help determine which computers are underutilized

At this time, there is no straightforward, direct method of generating a report with average idle time by guest machine.

However, you could do something like the following to get an approximation of average guest idle time by machine:

1) In web.config, set the value of GuestInfoRefreshSeconds to something like 300 (the default is 1200, or 20 minutes); this ensures that the reports described below will return values for GuestLastActivityTime that are within 5 minutes of the correct value (note, however, that decreasing this value will increase server load). Background: GuestLastActivityTime is recalculated/overwritten on the session itself whenever Control receives a new GuestInfoMessage; as such, we don't save time-series-like data for GuestLastActivityTime.

2) Define and save the following report in Report Manager:

Report Type: Session
Select Fields: SessionID, Name, GuestLastActivityTime
Filter: GuestLastActivityTimeDate > '0001-01-01' A GuestLastActivityTimeDate of 0001-01-01 (the default DateTime) means that the session's logged on user name is empty (no one logged on)

3) Document the UTC times you run the report defined in step 2; download and save the csv report at the same time of day every day for X number of days

4) Calculate the number of seconds that have elapsed between the time you ran the report (UTC time) and the GuestLastActivityTime reported for each session (this approximates idle time for each session)

5) Calculate the average idle time for each session

I understand this is not a straightforward process. As such, you may want to take a look at the ConnectWise Control Feature Request portal and either upvote an existing feature request or add a new one:

http://product.screencon...m/forums/1-new-features/

Cheers,
Ben
ScreenConnect Team
TechGy  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:08:16 PM(UTC)
TechGy

United States

Originally Posted by: TechGy Go to Quoted Post

At this time, there is no straightforward, direct method of generating a report with average idle time by guest machine.

However, you could do something like the following to get an approximation of average guest idle time by machine:

1) In web.config, set the value of GuestInfoRefreshSeconds to something like 300 (the default is 1200, or 20 minutes); this ensures that the reports described below will return values for GuestLastActivityTime that are within 5 minutes of the correct value (note, however, that decreasing this value will increase server load). Background: GuestLastActivityTime is recalculated/overwritten on the session itself whenever Control receives a new GuestInfoMessage; as such, we don't save time-series-like data for GuestLastActivityTime.

2) Define and save the following report in Report Manager:

Report Type: Session
Select Fields: SessionID, Name, GuestLastActivityTime
Filter: GuestLastActivityTimeDate > '0001-01-01' A GuestLastActivityTimeDate of 0001-01-01 (the default DateTime) means that the session's logged on user name is empty (no one logged on)

3) Document the UTC times you run the report defined in step 2; download and save the csv report at the same time of day every day for X number of days

4) Calculate the number of seconds that have elapsed between the time you ran the report (UTC time) and the GuestLastActivityTime reported for each session (this approximates idle time for each session)

5) Calculate the average idle time for each session

I understand this is not a straightforward process. As such, you may want to take a look at the ConnectWise Control Feature Request portal and either upvote an existing feature request or add a new one:

http://product.screencon...m/forums/1-new-features/

Cheers,
Ben

Thanks for the idea Ben. We're running Cloud version 6.2.12963.6312 and I'm not seeing the GuestInfoRefreshSeconds or GuestLastActivityTime option - is that premise only or has that maybe changed?

Edited by user Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:09:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ben B  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:30:40 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Since you're on cloud, you can use the "Edit Web.Config AppSettings" extension to temporarily modify the GuestInfoRefreshSeconds value. Please note that your cloud services will automatically restart and your site will become temporarily unavailable after saving this update to the web.config. More info about the "Edit Web.Config AppSettings" extension is found here: https://docs.connectwise...t_Web.Config_AppSettings

GuestLastActivityTime is a field on the session report type, and should be available in 6.2 in the "Select Fields" list in Report Manager:

UserPostedImage
ScreenConnect Team
Cooper  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:49:03 PM(UTC)
Cooper

Medals: Bug Buster Level One: Spoon!Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

I didn't see a field for the BIOS version, so I thought I would ask the following. Is it possible to pull the BIOS version from all the machines and get a report for that? Or is there a better way to get this information?

We have a bunch of Access machines and want to find the BIOS version so that we can update them.
silversword  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 1:28:21 AM(UTC)
silversword

Originally Posted by: Cooper Go to Quoted Post

I didn't see a field for the BIOS version, so I thought I would ask the following. Is it possible to pull the BIOS version from all the machines and get a report for that? Or is there a better way to get this information?

The Additional General Information Extension has the BIOS version in it.
Scott  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:19:46 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 249 post(s)
@silversword is correct, the Additional General Information extension is responsible for populating that data, but it's basically just sending a specifically-formatted command to retrieve it.

You should be able to pull an Ungrouped report on it by SessionConnectionEvent, selecting the Data field (and maybe SessionID to make it easier to identify). In order to only include the command we want, your filter should look like:

Code:

EventType = 'RanCommand' AND Data LIKE '%INFORMATIONREQUEST%'

Here's an image to make it clearer:
UserPostedImage
ScreenConnect Team