logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcmater  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 21, 2016 6:45:56 PM(UTC)
jcmater

United States

Can someone help me produce reports that will show whether the right most connection bar on the 'Host-Access-All Machines' screen is green or grey for each site? I'm only concerned with the status at the time of the report query. I need two reports, one for green and one for grey.

I intend to run these queries via a .net program several times a day via the Task scheduler and an html query to generate an email with the report results.

I'm willing to share the dot net program/source if any one is interested.

Thanks in advance,

John

Edited by user Sunday, February 21, 2016 10:13:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ben B  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 8:08:18 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 40 post(s)
You should be able to get a list of Access sessions with at least one connected Guest via the Reporting API without much trouble, but getting a list of un-ended Access sessions with zero connected Guests via the Reporting API would be a challenge.

As it stands, the following report definition returns all Access sessions where the guest machine is currently connected (i.e., the right-most connection bar is green). You can use the Report Manager extension to build the URL and run the report on demand:

Aggregation Type: Ungrouped
Report Type: SessionConnection
Select Fields: SessionName
Filter: ProcessType='Guest' AND SessionSessionType='Access' AND DisconnectedTimeDate IS NULL

The easiest way to get the information regarding disconnected guests would be to either define a session subgroup that groups sessions based on whether or not at least one guest is connected to each Access session (using the subgroup expression IIF (GuestConnectedCount > 0, 'Guest Connected', 'Disconnected')) or write an extension that outputs this information by making a call to SessionManagerPool.Demux.GetSessions() and filtering for the needed information.
ScreenConnect Team
jcmater  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 9:27:57 PM(UTC)
jcmater

United States

Thank you, this is what I needed. I'll build a list of online sites and keep it in a text file. When I run the query I'll match the new list against the file and missing sites will be considered offline. This works for me, thanks again. John
jcmater  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:52:46 PM(UTC)
jcmater

United States

SC Online/Offline Monitor

This simple monitor starts by getting a list of all online sites, then polls at regular intervals. A site that is in the online list and misses too many consecutive polls generates an email. The site is then removed from the online list. The online list is updated each poll and time-stamped. A site that was previously removed by going offline, and then returns online is automatically added to the online list. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:10:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified