logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Matt Highsmith  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:28:19 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 11 post(s)
So how does the .SCAPP files work? I created a ZIP file and renamed to .SCAPP and apparently that does not work. I was not able to find a reference in the online knowledge base.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:33:47 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 262 post(s)
It executes the first file in the zip alphabetically, so say you have a .scapp file containing:

firstRun.bat
tool.exe

All .scapp contents will be opened into the same directory but firstRun.bat will be executed. You can invoke actions upon other tools within the .scapp via firstRun.bat (such as moving to another directory before execution).
ScreenConnect Team
Matt Highsmith  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:39:25 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

ok - so there has to be a BAT file first. cannot be an EXE.
Scott  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:46:59 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

I don't believe it has to be a BAT file, that's just the only way I've personally tested it. If you want to send me your .scapp I'd be happy to take a look. Just contact us via chat or ticket submission at https://www.screenconnect.com/Support

Edited by moderator Monday, October 10, 2016 7:41:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
Matt Highsmith  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2016 8:58:03 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

it worked with the BAT file as the first file. it did not work with 2 EXEs by themselves. I have not tried anything else like a VP or such. But i like the new feature. will be very useful
Matt Highsmith  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:22:29 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

FYI when using SCAPP extension it has to be lower case otherwise it will not work.

Also it seems that the scapp file only can handle two files in it. the batch file to run the other file. any other file in the zip is not seen for some reason.

example

1_test.BAT - file that runs
test.VBS
TEST1.BAT

1_test.BAT runs the TEST1.VBS file, but then cannot find the TEST1.BAT file. And this is without changing directories. I cannot even have the the 1_TEST.BAT file copy the two files into another directory.

Edited by user Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:29:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:46:48 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@Matt Highsmith I've replicated the lack of support if the file extension is upper case and I'll make sure it gets registered.

What is the code in your 1_test.BAT file? The .scapp files should be able to handle multiple files within the .scapp itself, we have a bit of an internal prank war going and I wrote a tool that changes the user's wallpaper but also installs a Scheduled task calling back to separate application that continues to change the wallpaper back at set intervals. All contained, there are 4 files within the .scapp.
ScreenConnect Team
Matt Highsmith  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:01:16 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

ok - I was not using a path due to the file being put in an location that might differentiate between users. but it finds the first file, but not the rest. I will continue to work on that then.

Matt Highsmith  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 6:25:09 PM(UTC)
Matt Highsmith

United States

verified if i copy *.* to a folder it will copy each file. I can then run the processes from that folder.