logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joncz  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 4:29:38 PM(UTC)
joncz

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Context: I'm looking to separate out some customers with multiple sites into subgroups. So, I'm using CustomProperty2. However, not all the devices will have a value in CustomProperty2, and those I just want to show up at the organization level. Right now, if I just use CustomProperty2 in the Subgroup expression, I get an (empty) subgroup and then all the site subgroups.

Is there a way to eliminate the (empty) subgroup, and just create subgroups for those devices that actually have a value?

Ben B  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 5:52:56 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 44 post(s)
You should be able to do this with the following Session Filter and Subgroup Expression. The following example assumes some sessions have CustomProperty1 = 'CompanyB' and some, but not all sessions with CustomProperty1 = 'CompanyB' have either CustomProperty2 = 'Site 1' or CustomProperty2 = 'Site 2':

Name (of session group): Company B
Session Filter: CustomProperty1 = 'CompanyB'
Subgroup Expression: IIF(CustomProperty2 <> '', IIF(CustomProperty2 = 'Site 1', 'Site 1', 'Site 2'), Name)

The example above uses the session's name as a subgroup if the session has an empty CustomProperty2 field; otherwise, the subgroup contains all machines at a particular location.
ScreenConnect Team
joncz  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 6:52:03 PM(UTC)
joncz

United States

While that accomplishes what you described in the last sentence, it puts me in a worse situation because now instead of (empty), Site 1, and Site 2, I would end up with a subgroup for each and every device that doesn't have a site name... which I've verified through testing. I simply want to get rid of (empty) and only have devices with an empty CustomProperty2 show up at the organization level. Only if CustomProperty has a non-null value do I want to have a subgroup displayed, and I want those subgroups to be dynamic - I don't want to edit the expression if a new value of CustomProperty2 is encountered.

Thanks.

If this isn't presently possible, I'll put out suppressing (empty) subgroups as a feature request.

Scott  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 3:38:08 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 257 post(s)
I don't believe it's currently possible, the values are technically null which is interpreted/converted to (empty), as you've seen. I recommend throwing your request onto our UserEcho so that it may be properly prioritized and considered.
ScreenConnect Team
joncz  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 3:53:17 PM(UTC)
joncz

United States

Thanks, have already done so.
hdflsts2002  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 12:37:54 PM(UTC)
hdflsts2002

United States

LEN(CustomProperty2)>1

This will create a folder/group for any session that has a value in CustomProperty2 but will not create an Empty folder/group