logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
trueHD  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 8:31:13 PM(UTC)
trueHD

Recently I had a user running Windows 10 try to join a session, when ever they tried to run the client they were prompted with a message "This app has been blocked for your protection". The only option they had was to ok. How can I get around this in the future?

Curious as why this happened as in the past I will able to connect to them without any problems.
mylove4life  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 10:22:20 PM(UTC)
mylove4life

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There is more than ok to that, they have to hit more info then hit run.... I feel this should never be changed, it is a guard for people...

Originally Posted by: trueHD Go to Quoted Post
Recently I had a user running Windows 10 try to join a session, when ever they tried to run the client they were prompted with a message "This app has been blocked for your protection". The only option they had was to ok. How can I get around this in the future?

Curious as why this happened as in the past I will able to connect to them without any problems.

trueHD  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 2:16:28 AM(UTC)
trueHD

No there is no other options for the end user. I did some more digging, it seems to be a windows security feature called "Smartscreen". There are some workarounds (linked below) but involves running the app via command prompt as administrator....with most users I have a hard enough time getting them to click join session :(

Real pain in the butt, plus I don't have Windows 10 machine to test with right now.

This an example of the message the user receives now.
UserPostedImage

http://www.fixerrs.com/2015/08/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-Protection.html

http://www.howtogeek.com/230063/how-to-circumvent-this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection-to-install-apps-in-windows-10/
rgreen83  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 4:32:55 AM(UTC)
rgreen83

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
What version are you running trueHD? I suspect you are running a version with the bad SHA1 signature about which you can find several threads here on the forums.
trueHD  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 5:07:48 AM(UTC)
trueHD

I am running version 5.5.10194.5861.
Mike  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2016 4:25:40 PM(UTC)
Mike

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 61 post(s)
The updated sha256 certificate is included with the latest 5.5 stable, version 5.5.10444.
ScreenConnect Team
josan  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2017 1:43:36 PM(UTC)
josan

No there is no other options for the end user. I did some more digging, it seems to be a windows security feature called "Smartscreen". There are some workarounds (linked below) but involves running the app via command prompt as administrator....with most users I have a hard enough time getting them to click join session :(

Real pain in the butt, plus I don't have Windows 10 machine to test with right now.

This an example of the message the user receives now.
http://www.onlyerrors.com