logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ben B  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2016 6:28:01 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Slack Integration

The Slack Integration extension is now available in the ScreenConnect Extension Browser and permits users to integrate their instance of ScreenConnect with their team's Slack implementation.

Once configured, the extension enables Slack users to create and join ScreenConnect support sessions from within Slack channels via the /screenconnect Slash Command. The /screenconnect Slash Command can optionally send a guest invitation email to the address of your choosing. The extension also offers the ability to automatically send ScreenConnect session event messages to the Slack channel of your choosing.

Note: Your instance of ScreenConnect must use HTTPS in order to integrate with Slack.

Slack Integration Settings dialog:

UserPostedImage

Output from executing the following Slash Command in Slack: "/screenconnect Support Session from Slack!"

UserPostedImage

You will need to add a custom Slash Command and Incoming WebHook to your team's Slack account. Instructions on how to configure the Slash Command and Incoming WebHook in Slack are included in the attached documentation.

For step-by-step instructions on how to set up the integration in ScreenConnect and Slack, please download and review the attached document, "Slack_Integration_Documentation.pdf".

Disclaimer: This extension was written by our support team (and in some cases in conjunction with our forum community) in response to customer requests. Extensions are meant to be quick workarounds or immediate solutions to problems. Extensions are not supported under our normal terms of service, as these extensions are outside typical Q/A or development guidelines. Questions for extensions should be addressed in its respective forum post. Suggestions for improvements (enhancements or defects) should also be queued in the post for consideration. Slack_Integration_Documentation.pdf (187kb) downloaded 219 time(s).

Edited by user Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:50:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added embedded extension spotlight video

ScreenConnect Team
Derm  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 4:25:32 PM(UTC)
Derm

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The Documentation link is broken, also does this work with the 6.0 beta? I only see "Status: Load Error" when it is enabled.
Ben B  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 10, 2016 6:42:09 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: Derm Go to Quoted Post
The Documentation link is broken, also does this work with the 6.0 beta? I only see "Status: Load Error" when it is enabled.

It seems that the recent forum upgrade has temporarily disabled our ability to download existing file attachments and add new ones. We're working on fixing this now.

Regarding the load error for the Slack Integration extension -- can you confirm you're using the latest version of the extension, v1.1? Also, what message do you get if you hover over the load error status? On what operating system are you running ScreenConnect?
ScreenConnect Team
Derm  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 1:00:23 PM(UTC)
Derm

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ben B Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Derm Go to Quoted Post

It seems that the recent forum upgrade has temporarily disabled our ability to download existing file attachments and add new ones. We're working on fixing this now.

Regarding the load error for the Slack Integration extension -- can you confirm you're using the latest version of the extension, v1.1? Also, what message do you get if you hover over the load error status? On what operating system are you running ScreenConnect?

Yes I am running 1.1, I just loaded it for the first time yesterday.

I can hover over the status and see an error but I cannot copy the text.
UserPostedImage

My install is running on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Ben B  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:20:23 PM(UTC)
Ben B

I just released version 1.2 of the Slack Integration extension to the extension marketplace. The extension should no longer throw a load error when installed on Linux servers.

Also, forum attachments are downloadable once again.
ScreenConnect Team
dlong93  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:23:31 PM(UTC)
dlong93

Is it possible to be able to reply back to messages that people send through their ScreenConnect via Slack?
vinsaniti  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 3, 2017 9:24:07 PM(UTC)
vinsaniti

United States

Is it possible to show reply responses from Guest only rather than messages from both hosts and guests?
Ben B  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 1:32:10 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: vinsaniti Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to show reply responses from Guest only rather than messages from both hosts and guests?

As it stands, the extension does not implement logic to relay only host or only guest chat messages. All chat messages are posted back to Slack when the SentMessage event notification setting is on. Please consider adding this as a feature request to our product feedback portal.

Cheers
ScreenConnect Team
Ben B  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:00:57 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: kfinley2 Go to Quoted Post
I am getting an error when trying to run the the slash command. I followed the document provided. I am using a hosted instance.

Error:

<DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Bad Request</TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"></HEAD>
<BODY><h2>Bad Request</h2>
<hr><p>HTTP Error 400. The request is badly formed.</p>
</BODY></HTML>

If you copied and pasted part of the url from the document, section 1.a.ii.1, i.e. "/App_Extensions/4cd38011-7a9a-41f8-9133-aa7b604cbd20/SlackRequest.ashx", you may have an errant space in the url.

The url inputted for the slash command integration setting should have this form:

[Enter your ScreenConnect URL]/App_Extensions/4cd38011-7a9a-41f8-9133-aa7b604cbd20/SlackRequest.ashx

Edited by user Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:01:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team
kfinley2  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:56:59 PM(UTC)
kfinley2

United States

Is it possible to create the session as Simple Code or Published rather then Invite Only? If not, toggle in the extension settings would be ideal.
Ben B  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 6:21:02 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Originally Posted by: kfinley2 Go to Quoted Post
Is it possible to create the session as Simple Code or Published rather then Invite Only? If not, toggle in the extension settings would be ideal.

Slack Integration extension version 1.3 has been published to the ScreenConnect Extension Browser. The slash command and webhook configuration in Slack has not changed.

The update adds an extension setting that allows you to set one of the following three join modes for newly-created, Slack-integrated support sessions: InvitationOnly, Published, or SimpleCode.

UserPostedImage
ScreenConnect Team