logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
promptcare  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 2:50:25 AM(UTC)
promptcare

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I've added the extension and activated it, given it a link but, on my site, nothing is different.

My site's self-hosted and I use a redirector (tlc.dlinkddns.com) to keep things static for SC itself. Even if I uninstall the extension, my logo
keeps that link.

I'd like to be able to set it to something else, either a Plan B connection just in case SC won't load or maybe a Paypal link. Either way, if I reinstall the extension and re-edit its settings, they never show up in the logo's link.

I tried contacting Support first but received the reply "Add Link to Logo is not one of our supported extensions". I really don't see how an extension BY Elsinore Support isn't supported by Elsinore "Support".
So ... I now have to post here.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 2:03:41 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 291 time(s) in 249 post(s)
Are you running 6.X?

That extension is kind of problematic on 6.0 due to the UI changes. First off, the logo is only displayed on the Guest page. This isn't necessarily a problem, just reduces the usefulness of it overall. The styling for the LogoPanel is also different in that it takes up about half of the page, meaning you have a larger area that is clickable but not really part of the image:

UserPostedImage

I've had a fix for the Extension unpublished for a little while just because I wasn't sure how best to proceed. A bit short-sighted of me but I didn't think it was widely used. Regardless, I'll clean it up a bit and publish the version with the 6.0 fix within a few days.

Quote:
I tried contacting Support first but received the reply "Add Link to Logo is not one of our supported extensions". I really don't see how an extension BY Elsinore Support isn't supported by Elsinore "Support".
So ... I now have to post here.

Yeah, it's a bit confusing and frustrating. At the time of writing, we have a list of Extensions that we officially support (through the Support team). Obviously, though, if you ask a question here we're pretty good about answering even if we didn't author the Extension.

With all of that said, I am currently working on an overhaul of the Extension Marketplace with a goal of reducing this confusion and providing easier avenues to contact the author/ask questions about each Extension.
ScreenConnect Team
promptcare  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:26:50 PM(UTC)
promptcare

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Yup. v6 but right now, I've got the logo's setting pointing to Paypal and, logged out and everything, it's pointing back to my main site, ignoring the setting.

My end goal is to be able to have it point to my "Plan B" for the rare time that SC isn't making a connection and I want another card up my sleeve so that would point to my site but use a different port (site.com:443/subfolder).
donnie@allpointpos.com  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:15:13 PM(UTC)
donnie@allpointpos.com

Man
United States

I noticed there was an update to this extension today. I updated but it doesn't seem to fix with v6.

We used this for our clients to quickly download a generic installer when they purchase new computers on their own. We also have a link on our website but it was much easier to get them directly to the public page and hit the logo to download.
Scott  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:51:26 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@donnie@allpointpos.com I have not released the version with the fix yet because I'm not happy with how its being implemented.

If you just updated today, you must have been running a very old version.
ScreenConnect Team
promptcare  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:14:22 PM(UTC)
promptcare

I checked for updates probably two weeks ago and it's showing an update for (to?) 1.1 of this extension for me right now.
Scott  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:36:52 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

I've published version 1.3 of this extension which should address the behavior in 6.0.
ScreenConnect Team
promptcare  
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:46:13 PM(UTC)
promptcare

Working. Thanks.
The name might be a slight misnomer as it's not so much the logo that's linking but the text next to it.